Why Should Your Child Attend Frostig?
For over 60 years, the Frostig School has been making a difference in the lives of children with learning disabilities. In fact, we are the oldest school for learning disabilities in Southern California. We offer a full range of academic and support services for students in grades 1-12 who have been diagnosed with learning disabilities. Our curriculum is specifically designed to help students understand their own strengths and weaknesses enabling them to succeed and reach their highest potential. On average, most students attend our school for three to four years and then mainstream back to other schools.
What sets us apart?
- All of our classroom teachers are credentialed in special education and use a wide range of research-based approaches to learning.
- We offer a small class size with a low student-to-teacher ratio (6:1), ensuring all students receive a curriculum tailored to meet their individual needs.
- We encourage students to excel and thrive through an extensive array of electives (art, film, drama, music, computer technology and Spanish).
- Our curriculum is approved by the California Department of Education and is WASC accredited ensuring each student receives the finest education possible.
- We also offer a full range of onsite support services which include educational therapists, speech and language therapists, psychotherapists as well as occupational therapists and counselors.
- Each student participates in our innovative Social Skills Program which helps students overcome the challenges they face and learn the skills necessary to succeed in life.
- High school students participate in our exceptional Transition Program which helps them plan for a bright and successful future.